HOW CAN ROYA COUNSELLING SUPPORT YOU WITH trauma?
- Roya`s designation as a Certified Clinical Trauma Professional means she has received in-depth clinical training in the field of trauma and can help you safely
- Trauma causes our nervous system to become dysregulated. We will work on getting your nervous system back into balance and safety
- We will discover the unhealthy beliefs you developed as a result of your trauma and work on developing more realistic beliefs
- Part of our journey will be helping you develop resources to help you as you go through waves of strong emotions
- We will work on your goals for the future and how you want to rewrite your life story
Different forms of trauma:
Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
Secondary or vicarious trauma
Reach Out if you have these trauma Symptoms
- Cognitive symptoms: intrusive thoughts, flashbacks, lapses in memory, difficulty concentrating, difficulty planning and making decisions
- Physical symptoms: insomnia, unexplained pain, chronic muscle tension, fatigue and lethargy, racing heartbeat, tingling and burning sensations in legs, hands or head
- Emotional: emotional numbness, anger outbursts, chronic fear, intense sadness, feeling disgust towards other people or one`s self
Common Questions about trauma:
What is trauma?
What is complex trauma?
What happens if I don`t address my trauma?
Am I overreacting or am I really traumatized?
It is normal for trauma survivors to believe their reactions are extreme. Minimizing our trauma and invalidating our feelings are ways in which we try deal with painful emotions. It is important to remember that denying our emotional experiences and labelling them as “overreaction” can lead to shame, isolation, and other mental health issues.
Can talking about trauma make me feel worse?
It is normal to feel anxious about sharing your traumatic experiences. You might wonder if talking about a traumatic experience can make your symptoms worse. As a trained trauma specialist, I always ensure we explore and discuss your traumatic experiences in a way that feels safe and healing.
Is therapy effective for healing for trauma?
I have been to therapy before, and it did not help. Why should I try again?
The success in therapy depends on many factors such as the therapist`s training, the therapeutic relationship and the length of therapy among other factors. If previous therapy did not work, it is helpful to choose your therapist more carefully next time and ask important questions about their training and their approach before starting therapy.
Everyone experiences trauma. Why should I seek therapy?
It is true that most people experience a form of trauma in their lives. It is also true that unaddressed trauma can take away from living life fully. Seeking therapy is not the only way, but a proven scientific way, to help you live your life more fully.
I get triggered easily. Is that a sign of trauma?
About Roya Counselling
At Roya Counselling, we are committed to providing professional, ethical, and evidence-based counselling services that prioritize your well-being. We understand that seeking therapy can be a difficult and brave decision, and we honor the trust you place in us. We have personally experienced the transformative power of therapy, and we will never take your desire for healing lightly.
We feel very privileged to hear about our clients' hopes, goals and pains and witness them slowly recovering their peace, happiness and livelihood.
There is always hope, even when it is hard to see it.
Trauma , when processed , can become a history rather than a destiny.
Relationships, like gardens , require constant care and attention.
Grief and Loss
Grief can be profoundly painful. You can get through the pain.
Your anger has a lot to say. Let’s listen to your anger together.
Make use of ICBC counselling sessions available to you to recover from an accident by sending your claim number.
As a victim of crime, you deserve professional therapy to heal. Contact CVAP for more information.
Develop professionally in a safe, non-judgemental and caring supervisory relationship.