Depression can colour how we see the world, ourselves and other people. Activities that used to be fun are not fun, and we might lose our sense of meaning, purpose and motivation. We want you to know there is hope, even if you cannot fully feel it. We can work together to support you in developing skills to improve your mood while simultaneously addressing the roots of your depression.
HOW CAN roya counselling SUPPORT YOU WITH depression?
- We have years of experience in treating depression and only use evidence-based approaches to treat depression
- We use a holistic approach which addresses the emotional, physical, behavioral and relational aspects of your depression
- We will explore the roots of your depression together to heal it deeply
- We will work collaboratively to help you set meaningful goals and achieve them
Different forms of depression:
Major depressive disorder:
Major depressive disorder is the most common form of depression and is characterized by persistent feelings of sadness, hopelessness, and a loss of interest in activities that were once enjoyable. Symptoms may include changes in appetite, sleep disturbances, fatigue, and difficulty concentrating.
Persistent depressive disorder:
Seasonal affective disorder:
Reach out IF YOU HAVE THESE depressive SYMPTOMS
- Emotional: Feeling sad, “low”, empty ,numb, disconnected or irritated
- Cognitive: lack of concentration, “foggy brain”, lack of motivation, memory impairment, difficulty making decisions, lower attention span
- Physical: Heaviness, low energy levels, sleeping too little or too much, overeating or undereating, oversleeping or insomnia
- Behavioral: withdrawing from social activities and hobbies, difficulty maintaining personal hygiene, chronic procrastination, difficulty starting and completing chores
Common questions about depression:
What causes depression?
Does therapy help depression?
Should I start therapy, or should I just take medications for depression?
What is treatment-resistant depression?
What happens if I don`t receive treatment for depression?
Could health conditions lead to depression?
About Roya Counselling
At Roya Counselling, we are committed to providing professional, ethical, and evidence-based counselling services that prioritize your well-being. We understand that seeking therapy can be a difficult and brave decision, and we honor the trust you place in us. We have personally experienced the transformative power of therapy, and we will never take your desire for healing lightly.
We feel very privileged to hear about our clients' hopes, goals and pains and witness them slowly recovering their peace, happiness and livelihood.
There is always hope, even when it is hard to see it.
Trauma , when processed , can become a history rather than a destiny.
Relationships, like gardens , require constant care and attention.
Grief and Loss
Grief can be profoundly painful. You can get through the pain.
Your anger has a lot to say. Let’s listen to your anger together.
Make use of ICBC counselling sessions available to you to recover from an accident by sending your claim number.
As a victim of crime, you deserve professional therapy to heal. Contact CVAP for more information.
Develop professionally in a safe, non-judgemental and caring supervisory relationship.